Harmonic Arts Powered By

harmonic-arts

Harmonic Arts

Harmonic Arts is a botanical dispensary from the Comox Valley area, right here on the Island! It is co-founded by Clinical Herbalists, Yarrow Willard & Angela Willard.  They are committed to high-quality & sustainable plant-based products that can promote health and vitality for people of all ages. The entire line of Harmonic Arts products is sourced as locally and organically as possible and offers a wide range of products including medicinal mushrooms, loose teas, loose herbs, herbal powders, wild raw honey & more!

Harmonic Arts Superfood Upgrades

Harmonic Arts does a variety of Superfood Upgrade Powders, each with unique flavours & health-boosting benefits. The three blends that we were able to try were: Activate, Elevate & Engage.  Here is a little bit more about each blend!

Activate:

activate

• Chocolate Bliss
  • Deep Immune
  • Stress Balance
  • Core Nourishment

Ingredients: Raw Cacao, Lucuma, Mesquite, Maca, Mucuna Extract, Chaga Dual Extract, Reishi Dual Extract, Shilajit, True Cinnamon

Elevate:

elevate-ha_edited-600x400

• Creamy Cardamom
  • Uplifting Mood
  • Mind Nourishing
  • Energy Building

Ingredients: Tocotrienols, Lucuma, Mucuna Extract, Green Tea Pollen, Pine Pollen, Lion’s Mane, Coconut Water Crystals, Cardamom

Engage:

engage-ha-2-4-600x400

• Nutrient Dense
  • Pre/Post Workout
  • Power Boosting
  • No Sweetener

Ingredients: Ingredients: Sprouted Brown Rice Protein Powder, Rice Bran (Tocotrienols), Coconut Water Crystals, Maca Powder, Incan Spirulina, Goji Juice Powder, Cordyceps Dual Extract Powder, Pine Pollen Powder, Pumpkin Spice, Ginger Root Powder, Stevia Leaf Powder.

We were Powered by Harmonic Arts for one month…. & this is how it went for us!

img_1292

“I tried Harmonic Art’s Elevate powder. I blended it with my bulletproof coffee (coffee, butter, and xct oil) and loved it! It gave my coffee a delicious creamy taste with a hint of cardamom. Elevate made me feel more awake, energized, and more aware than just having my regular coffee. I love that it has the medicinal mushroom Lion’s Mane in it too. It is the perfect addition to my morning!” – Catherine

14975755_10154163014068869_361550571_o
“I tried the Harmonic Arts Elevate, I am new this product and it definitely did not disappoint. I mixed it in with my morning smoothies before school and It gave me a more centred and focused energy feeling that was perfect while studying! The cardamom flavour paired perfectly with a banana and almond butter smoothie. I have already bought more it is such a great product :)!” – Sarah
img_3616-jpg
“I loved trying out Activate in my morning tea. It has a rich, chocolatey taste, and it felt so good knowing it’s full of nourishing ingredients compared to the usual chocolate drinks! It was great having that extra boost of energy and stress-relief in the morning.I tried it a few different ways, but my favourite was blending a couple tablespoons in my morning rooibos tea. I added a little bit of honey for sweetness and it was a perfect blend. I felt like I was drinking hot chocolate but was also nourishing my body and mind for the day!” – Allannah
fullsizerender
“I tried “Engage” which is great for a little protein and energy boost. I made it with pumpkin purée, coconut cream, sunflower lecithin and added a dash of matcha ( I also may have put a dollop of unsweetened whip cream on there). I loved the pumpkin pie spice in it that gave it some warmth and the feeling of getting cordyceps, pine pollen and maca mid day to keep me going without stimulants.” – Tiffany

I tried Harmonic Arts Activate powder. It’s the first time I’ve ever tried it, and I LOVED it. Since it has a chocolatey flavour, I made it into a delicious & buttery 😉 hot chocolate with stevia. It also tasted really great mixed in with yogurt! I found that the Powder gave me a really calm & focused energy, which makes sense due to the Reishi & Maca, and I didn’t feel guilty after having it like I would sometimes with sugary hot chocolate powders :). I will definitely continue having Activate as my go-to hot chocolate (and even coffee) alternative! – Kelly

DIGESTION SERIES: SESSION2

We are so excited to be hosting enzyme expert, Amy Pereira, BSc, CHNC, who will be teaching us more about how therapeutic and digestive enzymes have the power to catalyze change in our lives. 

amys-poster-jpeg

We have had the pleasure of hosting Amy in the past, and she is a phenomenally engaging speaker, with SO much knowledge to share.  Expect to leave with a greater understanding of the role that enzymes play in our bodies, and how supplementing with these little change-promoters can benefit your overall health!

This second session in our Digestive Series will give you the tools necessary to combat a lot of the common digestive issues people tend to be dealing with including bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation food intolerances, and/or slow digestion!  Did you know that many people who do not have the obvious digestion symptoms associated with enzyme deficiency, can benefit from taking enzymes? Therapeutic enzymes have the capacity to improve other aspects of wellness not directly related to digestion.  Join us on Wednesday, October 5th @ 6:30pm, either in the store, on LIVE online!

If you’re interested in attending this event at the store, please RSVP to hello@myhealthessentials.ca or call us at 250-590-5524 🙂 !

Stay tuned for more about the upcoming events in our Digestion Series! We will be making an effort to ensure we’re able to repost all of our talks on YouTube as well, in case you’re unable to make it or tune in!

DIGESTION SERIES.

Our Hours are Changing

weekend-hours

Beginning on Sunday, September 25th, our hours of operation will be changing for both Saturdays, and Sundays. We will be open a bit longer on Saturdays, and closed a little earlier on Sundays!

We’d like to explain why we’ve chosen to change our hours slightly. At Health Essentials, we are strong believers in holistic wellness. This includes physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, social, & occupational aspects of overall wellbeing. Part of the concept of holistic health involves prioritizing time for oneself as well as spending time with family & friends.  We contemplated long and hard on what day of the week would be best for our team of amazing staff members to be able to consistently enjoy an evening off, while avoiding major inconvenience to our community of thriving customers.  What we decided was that being open slightly later on Saturday evenings, and closing earlier on Sunday evenings, would be a perfect compromise.  Now you can plan on pushing back your Saturday errands a little longer, resting assured that we’ll be open the same hours as we are throughout the week!

Here is what our new hours will look like: 

health-essentials-hours

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this schedule change may cause for you. Thank you so much for understanding!

Would you love to be a part of our team? Now hiring!

We’re expanding our team!! 🙂 We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic & ready-to-learn individuals to help us cultivate extraordinary lives! If this sounds like you, then come down and drop off a resume!  For more information on what Health Essentials is all about, check out the video below. You can also contact us at the store at hello@myhealthessentials.ca or by phone at 250-590-5524.  We can’t wait to meet you 🙂

hiring-poster

DIGESTION SERIES: SESSION 1

Health Essentials Digestion Series: Session 1

Microbes on the Mind with Lisa Kilgour, RHN

On September, 21st, 2016 @ 6:30pm, we are hosting the incredible Lisa Kilgour to kick off our four-session digestion series! We couldn’t think of anyone better to be starting this 5 week series off :).  

Lisa_HealthEssentials_Facebook

Did you know that a large portion of our body’s “coping mechanisms” for stress begin in our gut?  Did you know that the neurotransmitters responsible for our mental state are largely produced in our gut? Join us as we host Lisa Kilgour, RHN for an inspiring and informative talk where she will further explain the importance of having a healthy gut, and dietary techniques that can be used to improve our mood and mental wellness! 

Lisa Kilgour is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist from B.C. who has been voted the BEST Holistic Nutritionist in ALL of B.C.  With a strong nutrition background and a passion for discovering how nutrition can affect our mood, Lisa is an expert on the ever-important topic of gut health, and the gut-brain connection. For a sneak preview of what she’ll be covering in this 90 minute talk, and to get a glimpse of how fantastic Lisa is, check out her Ted Talk below! 

If you’d like to attend this talk, please RSVP to hello@myhealthessentials.ca or by phone at 250-590-5524! 🙂 If attending this talk in person is not available to you, you can tune in on our Facebook, as we stream it LIVE!

For more information on this talk or any of the talks that we have coming up in this Series, click on the poster below to check out our events page! 🙂

DIGESTION SERIES.

9 Best Beaches in Victoria BC

Looking to hit up all 9 of the best beaches in Victoria this summer?

We’ve put together a list of the 9 best beaches in Victoria, from a local’s perspective. Here are our top picks:

1. Agate Beach:

Agate Best Beaches in Victoria

Beach Terrain: Soft sand with big logs

Agate beach is a charming beach located in a sunny bay. Perfect for relaxing and recharging as it is very quiet!

2. Esquimalt Lagoon:

Esquimalt Lagoon Best Beaches in Victoria

Beach Terrain: Soft sand with lots of logs and driftwood.

The Esquimalt Lagoon is a Victoria classic. Situated between two bodies of water, this windy beach stretches for miles, perfect for a long walk or to sit and eat while enjoying the view.

3. Gonzales Beach:

Gonzales Best Beaches in Victoria

Beach Terrain: Very soft sand and driftwood

Gonzales beach is perfect to relax at, lay a blanket down and enjoy a picnic.

4. Gyro Beach:

Gyro Best Beaches in Victoria

Beach Terrain: Extremely soft sand and logs

Gyro Beach is perfect for the whole family. The beach itself is great to relax on, and there is a huge park backing it that is every child’s dream! It includes massive iconic sea animal sculptures that kids love to climb on, swings, a boat-themed jungle gym, and even a new zip line!

5. Dallas Beach:

Dallas Best Beaches in Victoria

Beach Terrain: Rocks and logs

Dallas Beach runs along the beautiful Dallas Rd very close to downtown. This rocky beach has lots to explore, including fun staircases and the famous Ogden Point breakwater at one end.

6. Saxe Point:

Saxe Pointe Best Beaches in Victoria

Terrain: Big boulders, walking path, rocky beach.

Saxe Point is a very versatile spot! It includes a field, big rocks to explore and climb on, a walking path, a lookout, gardens, and a rocky beach. It boasts a great view of the Olympic mountains, making it a popular wedding spot. Great for picnics, sports, adventuring, exploring, walking, and sunset watching.

7. Island View Beach:

Island View Best Beaches in Victoria

Terrain: Very soft sand and rocks

Island View Beach is another Victoria classic. Paired with a dog-friendly walking path, it’s great to relax at and/or to take a long stroll.

8. Willows Beach:

Willows Beach Best Beaches in Victoria

Terrain: Soft Sand and logs

Willows Beach is located in a charming neighbourhood filled with lots of character. Take a walk around Cattle Point and take advantage of the great park beside the beach too.

9. Taylor Beach:

taylorbeach Best Beaches in Victoria

Terrain: Medium to large rocks

Taylor Beach is a quiet rocky beach just after Whitty’s Lagoon. Walk the beach and then explore the beautiful hiking trail beside it.

Do you have any suggestions for more great places near home?? Let us know, we would love to hear about them!

Nothing Says Beach Day Without a Picnic!

Meat: How Your Choices Affect Your Health and the Planet

Why Grassfed?-2

Are you ready to make the switch to ethically and responsibly raised healthy meat?

You’ve probably seen the factory farming documentaries, the PETA campaigns, and the mass farming videos that are all over the Internet lately. The truth is that factory farming is a huge issue in today’s world, and we need to make a change.

In factory farm settings the animals are usually ripped away from their mothers at birth, kept in tiny cages or areas with little to no time outside, pumped full of antibiotics and sometimes growth hormones, and then slaughtered inhumanly in a very stressful and terrifying environment. Doesn’t sound like a very nice life to me.

These animals are sick, stressed, deprived, terrified, and living in the most unnatural environment possible. Have you heard the term you are what you eat? What do you think eating sick and unhealthy animals will make you eventually?

Factory farming is devastating for the animals and our health, but what about the environment?

Approximately 700 million cattle are slaughtered in Canada for food each year. Just to name a couple ecological issues, factory farming accounts for 37% of methane emissions, which has more than 20x the global warming potential of CO2. The cattle’s manure also contains dangerous levels of heavy metals and nitrogen. Nitrogen robs water of oxygen, destroying aquatic life when it eventually ends up in bodies of water. These plus many more environmental concerns are growing by the minute.

Animals need to be free of enclosed spaces and outside as much as possible in order to thrive. Having animals graze and roam is great ecologically as well as it promotes new agricultural and environmental growth. Grass eating animals actually increase soil quality by breaking it up and helping it absorb water. They also fertilize the land as they graze, helping prevent desertification and creating a dynamic ecosystem.

We are so lucky here on the Island and most places in BC to have access to amazing ethically raised meat. We carry a huge selection including grass fed/finished pastured bison, water buffalo, and beef all raised here on Vancouver Island. The farmers practice varying techniques of managed intensive grazing, where they rotate their animals’ grazing spots, keeping the animals happy while increasing the health and growth of the soil and environment. We also have local pastured heritage pork, which is a less domesticated bread that can live and thrive on pasture. We have organic pastured free range chicken, and wild meats as well including wild boar, kangaroo, and camel.

What to look for when buying meat:
Beef and Grazing Animals: 100% Grass fed/finished, pastured, organic (Including dairy too).
Pork: Pastured (living on the land), organic.
Chicken and Eggs: Free range, pastured, organic.

The more you buy ethically raised meat, the more you support traditional farming to help diminish mass farming. We can make a difference!

lynnwithpig