Soft and Chewy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These keto cookies are a piece of cake to make. I take the easy route and mix all ingredients together (minus the chocolate chips) and blend. Once everything is mixed stir in your choclate chips, spoon into balls and bake.
Include the collagen if you’re looking for a higher protein option and elimitimate the sour cream if you prefer a dairy-free cookie. The sour cream makes these super soft. If you’re going for the dairy, the cookies don’t brown and may not seem ready but they are!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup collagen protein powder (optional- a nice option to increase protein)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter, coconut oil or ghee for a richer flavour
- 1/2 cup sour cream (eliminate with no substitute for a dairy-free option)
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener – monk fruit (SugarLike and Lakanto are both great)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Lily’s sugar-free chocolate chip cookies
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºC.
2. Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips in one bowl using an electric mixer.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Spoon onto a cookie sheet and roll into balls, gently press down into the baking sheet to flatten.
5. Bake for 15 minutes to 20 minutes depending on cookie size.
6. Let cool and enjoy!
For more information on the keto diet, check out this article that explains what ketogenic, ketosis, and ketone’s are.