2 tablespoons grass fed butter
1 carrot finely chopped
1 celery stalk finely chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon dried thyme
2 large eggs gently beaten
1/4 lb beef liver
2 lbs grass-fed ground beef
1/2 cup almond flour
10 pieces of wild boar bacon
– Preheat oven to 350.
– Heat the butter on medium heat in a skillet and add carrot, celery, bell pepper, and sauté until soft.
– Add the salt and thyme to the mixture and take off heat.
– Put the eggs and liver in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
– Add the beef and almond flour to the egg mixture and mix in the veggie mixture.
– Place in a baking dish and form into a loaf.
– Place the bacon on top of the loaf and pour 3/4 cup of water in the pan to help keep the meatloaf moist. Bake for 1.5 hrs or until golden brown.